First Sergeant (E8) Retired
Over the course of a 20-year military career, my unique organizational abilities have allowed me to contribute to the personnel and administrative field in the following ways:
Developed 1st Cavalry Division, Ft Hood, Texas, Dishonored Check Policy; Wrote and Implemented Procedures for Processing Award Requests for United States Soldiers serving as part of Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, Europe, Mons, Belgium;
Coordinated African-American History Celebration Command-wide while stationed in Belgium; Organized and Coordinated Brigade Marathon which raised over $2,000 for the American Heart Association;
Organized, Trained, and Supervised the implementation of the Installation Computerized Transition Processing Systems at Fort Gordon, Georgia; Served as Total Quality Management Coordinator for Adjutant General Division, Fort Gordon, Georgia.
MILITARY SERVICE ACHIEVEMENTS
- 1973-1977 – United States Army Infantry Mortarman (11C). Received Army Achievement and Army Commendation Medals for superior service.
- 1978-1983 – United States Army Stenographer. Assigned to Allied Command Europe Communications Security Office and later as United Supreme Headquarters, Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) as Stenographer in the Commanding General’s Speechwriter Office. Received the Defense Meritorious Service Medal in 1982 for superior service in those positions.
- 1984-1988 – United States Army The School Brigade, Ft. Benning, GA and 7th Infantry Division, Ft. Ord, CA served as Director, Personnel Resources Officer.
- 1988-1989 – United States Army 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, Force Development Officer charged with organizational development and reorganization of units within the Brigade. Principal in charge of downsizing efforts by the United States Army in Korea.
- 1989-1991 – United States Army Defense Information School and United States Army Recruiting School First Sergeant.
- 1991-1993 – United States Signal and Communications Division, Fort Gordon, GA, Director, Transition Processing Center.
MILITARY COURSES ATTENDED
- Basic and Advanced Individual Training (1973)
- Stenographer Course (1977)
- Personnel Senior Sergeant, Personnel Administration Sergeant, and Personnel Action Center Courses (1984)
- Manpower and Force Management Course (1987)
- Personnel and Logistics Course (1989)
- United States Army Sergeants Major Academy (1991)